Film and Media Division
The Film and Media Coordinator is Nikki Palucci. For information about filming in Savannah, please contact Nikki at email@example.com or (912) 351-3837.
Description of Services
Our goal is to have safe, successful, permitted filming in the City of Savannah. Our office does this in several ways:
- Ensure that all filming has as minimal impact as possible on the residents and businesses;
- Fulfill requested City of Savannah needs for productions;
- Enforce all ordinances and permit requirements for filming on public property, including parking, safety, hours of operation, noise, animal regulations;
- Represent the City of Savannah in Recorder’s Court for film-related ordinance violations.
- Issue Film & Media Permits for productions in the City of Savannah;
- Work with Location Managers to troubleshoot location issues;
- Work with SCAD and student filmmakers to ensure safe and non-invasive filming on public property;
- Design and facilitate training for location managers, producers and other film industry professionals on City of Savannah guidelines and expectations;
- Respond to and resolve citizen complaints about film and media projects; and
- Work closely with the Savannah Area Film Office to promote safe and successful filming.
Applications for film permits can be found at www.savannahfilm.org.
City of Savannah Permit Fees:
Any professional production requiring a permit to film.
Any Low Impact production that does not need to set up at a specific location.
*This is a total – not in addition to the $200.00 (Professional Fee) or $100.00 (Blanket Fee).*
Any professional production that requires a permit less than 48 hours from the time the application is received.
Any Student Film associated with a class grade.
NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES