Film and Media Division
The Film and Media Coordinator is Matt Krueger For information about filming in Savannah, please contact Matt via email or (912) 351-3837.
Description of Services
Our goal is to have safe, successful, permitted filming in the City of Savannah. Our office does this in several ways:
- Ensure that all filming has as minimal impact as possible on the residents and businesses;
- Fulfill requested City of Savannah needs for productions;
- Enforce all ordinances and permit requirements for filming on public property, including parking, safety, hours of operation, noise, animal regulations;
- Represent the City of Savannah in Recorder’s Court for film-related ordinance violations.
- Issue Film & Media Permits for productions in the City of Savannah;
- Work with Location Managers to troubleshoot location issues;
- Work with SCAD and student filmmakers to ensure safe and non-invasive filming on public property;
- Design and facilitate training for location managers, producers and other film industry professionals on City of Savannah guidelines and expectations;
- Respond to and resolve citizen complaints about film and media projects; and
- Work closely with the Savannah Regional Film Commission to promote safe and successful filming.
Applications for film permits can be found at www.fillmsavannah.org.
City of Savannah Permit Fees:
NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
|Student Permit - Applicant must be associated with a current class for a grade||$25.00/location|
|Professional Permit||$250/ location|
|Blanket Permit - Crew of ten(10) or less||$100.00|
|Expedited permit - In addition to the fees listed above|
|- Within 72 hours of production||$75.00/location|
|- Within 48 hours of production||$100.00.location|
|- Within 24 hours of production||$300.00/location|
|Cemetery Filming Permit - Must be paid directly to Cemeteries Department|
|Application Fee - Professional applications, per individual application||$25.00|
|Amendment Fees - Charged per occurrence/location|
|- Low Impact - Minor Change such as parking||$25.00|
|- Medium Impact - Moderate changes such as equipment or roads||$50.00|
|- High Impact - Major changes such as film dates or traffic control||$100.00|
|On-Site Services Fee - Charged for filming at a City of Savannah owned property when a City member is required to be on site during production|
|- Per location each day||$100.00|
|- Daily maximum fee regardless of number of locations||$300.00|