Alcohol Ordinance Updates
For information on how to obtain an alcohol license in Savannah, please visit our Alcohol Licensing page.
What's happening with ordinances related to alcohol?
The City of Savannah is in the process of revising the Alcoholic Beverage Ordinance, Alcoholic Density Overlay District Ordinance and Revenue Ordinance. Specific issues under consideration include:
- Defining convenience stores
- Establish distance requirements between convenience stores
- Strengthen alcohol permitting for temporary events
- Eliminate alcohol beverage license transfers
- Require security plans for all license beverage holders
- Reference door man and include responsible staff
- Define leasable retail area in Alcohol Density Overlay District
An additional ordinance is also being considered which provides additional regulations for gaming machines. For more information on that ordinance, please visit www.savannahga.gov/gaming.
Public Meetings: Presentations and Important Documents
April 25 City Council Workshop
- View the April 25 presentation to City Council
- View the current Alcohol Beverage Ordinance redline draft
- View the Alcohol Beverage Ordinance Amendment
- View the alcohol overlay redline document
April 18 Public Meeting
Follow-up public meetings were held on April 18, 2019 to report on the public survey results and provide preliminary recommendations on revisions to the ordinances related to alcohol.
February 28 Public Meeting
The City of Savannah held public meetings on February 28, 2019 to discuss proposed revisions to the Alcoholic Beverage Ordinance and Alcoholic Density Overlay District Ordinance.
Stay Engaged & Informed
Please continue to check this webpage, www.savannahga.gov/alcohol, for up-to-date information on this process and to learn about ways to provide additional feedback if you are not able to attend one of these meetings.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.