COVID-19 Updates from the City of Savannah Revenue Department
Revenue Department Lobby Services Now Open Regular Hours
As of Monday, June 7 the City of Savannah Revenue Department has reopened its lobby services to the public for our regular hours, 8:15 to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Anyone entering the building will be required to wear a face mask and have their temperature checked.
Delinquency Enforcement & Water Service Shut-off Process Resumes Beginning Sept. 1, 2021
Regular collection efforts (including the application of fees/penalties and the process of shutting-off water service) for past-due utility bills will resume beginning SEPTEMBER 1, 2021. The City suspended most water service shut-offs* and the assessment of fees/penalties on past-due utility bills in March 2020, when the Coastal Georgia Center was closed to the public.
If residents are having difficulty paying their bill, they are asked to call the City to set up a payment plan as soon as possible. Successfully maintaining a payment plan will protect an account from water service shut-off.
*Throughout this time, the City has continued to shut-off water service in cases of tampering with a water meter, returned checks, theft of service, and when water usage is detected at a location without an active utilities account.
ERA Funds for Rent and Utilities Assistance
Trouble paying your utility bill because of COVID-19? The Economic Opportunity Authority (EOA) is taking applications for ERA assistance for rent and utilities. Residents in need of assistance should call the EOA at (912) 438-8077.
We’ll Keep You Informed
The Revenue department will continue to communicate actively with its customers through the City’s website, traditional media, and social media. To subscribe to the e-newsletter for utilities customers, please click here.
City of Savannah Revenue Department Payment & Communication Options
Overnight Mail: City of Savannah Revenue Department, 305 Fahm St., Savannah, GA 31401
City Utilities Customer Service
- Phone: (912) 651-6460
- Online Customer Service Form: www.savannahga.gov/customercontact
- Pay utility bills online: www.savannahga.gov/utilitypay
- Regular Mail: Utility Services, Revenue Department, P.O. Box 1968, Savannah, GA 31402
Business Tax & Alcohol License Unit
- Phone: (912) 651-6445
- Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular Mail: Business Tax & Alcohol License Unit, Revenue Department, P.O. Box 1228, Savannah, GA 31402
Property Tax Unit
- Phone: (912) 651-6455
- Online Property Tax Customer Service Form: www.savannahga.gov/propertytaxcontact
- Online Property Tax Payments: www.savannahga.gov/propertytax
- Regular Mail: Property Tax Unit, Revenue Department, P.O. Box 1228, Savannah, GA 31402