Employee Assistance Program
(Links below for more information)
The City of Savannah has partnered with Deer Oaks to provide you and your family members a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Services are free, confidential and available 24/7. This program offers a wide variety of counseling, referral, and consultation services, which are all designed to assist you and your family in resolving work/life issues in order to live happier, healthier, more balanced lives. These services are completely confidential and can be easily accessed by:
- Calling the toll-free Helpline: 1 (866) 327-2400
- Online at: www.deeroakseap.com (Login: cos and Password: cos)
- iConnectYou App: Passcode: 130451
How Can the EAP Help You?
- Stress, Anxiety
- Time Management
- Financial Challenges
- Health & Wellness
- Daily Living/Convenience
The EAP is available 24/7 and Provides the Following Services
Coaching and Counseling
- Up to 10 sessions per concern. Referral provided to a local clinician for short-term counseling within 3 days.
AWARE Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (6 sessions)
- Support for participants experiencing life stress, pain, and challenges with focus and concentration and who want to increase their awareness of and commitment to intentional living (6 weekly sessions).
Telephonic Life Coaching (6 sessions)
- Coaching usually lasts 3-4 months. Initial 45-minute session: the participant works with the coach to establish a vision, determine goals, and create an action plan.
Virtual Telephonic Group Counseling (8-week program)
- 90-minute clinician-lead group session each week. Participants may be referred to a group based on a clinical assessment; those referred will present with similar issues and without risk.
In My Hands – Computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (7 sessions)
- Self-paced online program encourages participants to interact with the application on a weekly basis.
Consultation with an Attorney
- 30-minute telephonic or in-person consultation with an Attorney. In-person meetings are scheduled; telephonic consultation is often immediately available. Consultation consists of an analysis of the situation and advice on how to proceed. There is a 25% discount off the Attorney’s hourly fee.
NOLO Interactive Online Will Preparation
- Free legally binding state-specific simple will and living trust software. Step-by-step process composed online under the Legal/Financial portion of the EAP website at www.deeroakseap.com. Designed for typical assets such as a house, car, savings and investments.
- Free telephonic financial counseling and education with an accredited financial Counselor on issues related to consumer debt and budgeting. Counselors address issues via the help line and follow up by emailing supporting educational materials. Counselors are available without an appointment Monday through Friday, or through pre-scheduled Saturday sessions.
Identity Theft & Recovery
- Accredited Financial Counselor provides telephonic consultation and information on steps that should be taken upon discovery of identity theft. Consultation may include: how identities can be stolen and common warning signs; how to obtain one's credit report(s) to look for indications of identity theft; how to read and understand one's credit report; and steps to take if identity theft is indicated.
Daily Living/Conveniences Services
- Apartment locators, chore services/house cleaners, home repair (handymen, plumbers, electricians, contractors, etc.), entertainment services, pet obedience training, transportation & travel services, volunteer opportunities, tutors, fitness and wellness centers/programs, moving/relocation services, pet sitters/kennels, event planning, and Veterinarians.
Take the High Road Ride Reimbursement Program
- Call a cab, Uber, Lyft, Fasten, or any other ride-sharing program. Keep your receipt and call the helpline for instructions on receiving reimbursement for your ride. Reimbursement is up to $45.00 - excludes tip. Available once per calendar year per person. May submit receipt up to 60 days from date of service
Critical Incident Response
- Any traumatic event that occurs in the workplace, community, or globally that affects employees. Examples: employee death or injury, reduction in force, accidents, environmental disasters. EAP offers various responses (i.e. information, practical support, telephonic crisis support, management consultation, clinically led on-site group meetings).
- On-demand Online Seminars– a new topic added monthly, online skill builder e-learning courses, and supervisor excellence webinar series.
The Savings Center is a discount shopping program that is provided through the Perks At Work website. It offers discounts of up to 25% on name brand, practical, luxury items, travel, theme parks, and more!
First-time users will need to register using the company name of Workplace Options US and the company code EAP in order to access the Savings Center. Visit the link below to create a profile for the Savings Center.
New Users: Click Here to register for the the Savings Center
Savings Center Registration Tips
While Perks at Work suggests that you use your work email address, you don't have to. You are less likely to run into technical problems if you use a personal email address instead.
- Where it says "Your Company" enter Workplace Options US (it may come up automatically).
- A new drop-down field will pop up and auto-fill "United States." (You only need to change this if it says something other than "United States.")
- A second new field will pop up, saying "Company Code." Here, put EAP.
- Be sure that you can access your email right away. A system-created message will be sent to that address immediately. You will need to retrieve the email to complete your registration and then log in to begin exploring the site for great discounts.
Still having problems during registration? Click the Login Help link to contact the Customer Service department: https://www.perksatwork.com/help/loginhelp.