January 2018 Update
PROJECT DERENNE MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
Public Scoping Meeting
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Savannah Technical College
5717 White Bluff Road
Savannah, Georgia 31405
The public is invited to attend and participate in this next milestone activity in the environmental process for Project DeRenne.
This important meeting will inform the public on the current status and seek input on various aspects of the project. There will be no formal presentation, but members of the design team, environmental professionals, City of Savannah, and GDOT personnel will be present during the entire period to answer questions, explain the environmental process and encourage feedback about the project. Stations will be set up around the meeting room and cover topics such as:
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Process and Schedule
- Project Area Context
- Issues and Opportunities from the project
- Other Alternatives Considered
There will be information at each station to encourage your participation and comments.
Comments can be made at the meeting in written or verbal formats. Display information, handouts, and other documents will be posted to the project website for further study and review.
February 2018 Update
Project DeRenne Public Scoping
A Public Scoping meeting was held on February 13, 2018. Meeting materials and handouts are available for review below.
After reviewing materials please use the link below to participate in the survey and submit comments.
- Take the survey and submit comments online
Comments will be accepted until March 15, 2018.
June 2018 Update
Response to Comments Received at the February 2018 Public Scoping Meeting
October 2018 Update
- The Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) is progressing and in review with GDOT, and ultimately by FHWA.
- Agency and Public Scoping phases of the NEPA process have concluded.
- Mitigation planning for the project is underway.
- Review and approval of the DEIS by FHWA
- Continued development of the Project Mitigation Plan
- Public Hearing Open House, after approval of the DEIS by FHWA
December 2018 Update
- Addressing comments from GDOT to the DEIS
- FHWA has approved the Scoping Report. A complete copy of the report can be found here.