April 2020 Updates
- The Draft EIS was submitted for Legal Sufficiency Review with FHWA in January 2020. In March 2020 comments from the Legal Sufficiency Review were provided from FHWA. The Draft EIS was revised and resubmitted to GDOT and FHWA on April 30, 2020.
- A Federal Interagency Working Group prepared a guidance document for use in the NEPA process when assessing impacts to Environmental Justice (EJ) communities, and which was referenced in preparation of the Draft EIS for Project DeRenne. The document can be downloaded through the link below.
Other technical documents were also prepared for the project and referenced in the Draft EIS. These documents include the Traffic Engineering Study and Interchange Justification Report (IJR) for I-516 at DeRenne Avenue. These documents can be downloaded through the links below.
Traffic Engineering Study (June 2018
Project DeRenne Interchange Justification Report (September 2013)
- For hard copies of Project Derenne documents check out https://www.cdrplanroom.com/jobs/260/specs/project-derenne
October 2020 Updates
- The Draft Environmental Impact Statement was signed by FHWA on October 1, 2020.
- The Public Hearing Open House required as part of the environmental process is scheduled for November 10, 2020, with the comment period ending November 23, 2020.
- After the comment period ends a response to all comments received will be developed, and preparation of the combined Final Environmental Impact Statement/Record of Decision.
November 2020 Updates
Public Meeting held November 10th from 4 to 7 PM at the Fairgounds property on Meding.
The City is in partnership with the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) for implementation of Project DeRenne. GDOT’s web site hosted the project’s environmental document and all information pertaining to the upcoming Public Hearing Open House on November 10th.