City of Savannah Development Services is responsible for ensuring the public safety through the enforcement of federal, state, and local codes governing construction. Our staff reviews plans, issues building permits, and performs inspections to ensure Code compliance related to aspects of life-safety, structural integrity, energy conversation, accessible design and electrical, plumbing, fuel gas, heating and air conditioning systems.
Peter Ghilarducci, PE
TO SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION:
- Call 912-651-6530, ext. 1919 (or 1889) or email for Building Inspections between 7:15 a.m. and 4 p.m. for a next day inspection.
- For Trade Inspections, call between 7:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. for same day inspections in most cases.
- For Electrical Inspections call: 912-651-6530 (Ext. 3)
- For Mechanical Inspections call: 912-651-6530 (Ext. 4)
- For Plumbing Inspections call: 912-651-6530 (Ext. 5)
* ALL OTHER INSPECTION REQUESTS WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE DAY *
- If you are a General Contractor, or are acting as your own contractor, you may call in your own building inspections, but you can’t call in inspections for your trades.
- We do not do same day building inspections.
- When you call in for an inspection, please have your permit number and job address to ensure that your inspection is scheduled against the correct permit.