Office of Marketing and Communications
Hurricane Idalia News Release #5
City of Savannah Offices To Remain Closed Through Thursday
SAVANNAH (Aug. 30, 2023) – City of Savannah government offices will remain closed through Thursday, August 31, due to inclement weather from Hurricane Idalia.
All critical workforce for the City will be expected to report for duty for storm-related efforts and should plan to check in with their supervisors. All emergency essential services, including public safety, sanitation, water and sewer, stormwater, park and tree, and traffic engineering will respond at full capacity as weather permits.
The following impacts to City services on Thursday, August 31 will be:
- All non-emergency essential City government offices will be closed.
- In-person payments at the Coastal Georgia Center for utility, tax, license, and other fees will be closed.
- Recorder’s Court will be closed.
- In-person services with the Office of Special Events, Film, and Tourism will be suspended.
- Building closures, including all services within, will include City Hall, Civic Center, Community Centers, Cultural Arts Center, Floyd Adams City Services Complex, Savannah Municipal Services Annex and the Savannah Entrepreneurial Center.
- Non-emergency public safety offices will be closed, to include police records.
Sanitation collection services will resume on Thursday, Aug. 31 on a modified schedule. Wednesday’s collection routes will begin on Thursday with subsequent collections resuming on Friday. Vegetative debris should be set out according to normal guidelines.
For questions about City services or to submit a service request, residents can call 311. Service requests can also be submitted online at Savannahga.gov/311request.
Updates on road closures due to flooding will be posted at savannahga.gov/floodalert. For updates specific to the City of Savannah, residents are encouraged to follow @cityofsavannah on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter, or visit savannahga.gov/hurricane
City employees are encouraged to call into the City’s emergency information hotline for updates at 833-251-6020.