Water & Sewer Planning & Engineering
The Water & Sewer Planning and Engineering Department offices at 702 Stiles Avenue (City Lot) will be closed to the public effective, March 25, 2020.
Staff will be available to serve customers by telephone during regular business hours, 912.651.6573 (8am-5pm)
Customers are asked to submit all applications with payment via US Mail. Receipt for payment can be sent via US Mail or email. A drop box is available to receive applications with payment. All payments shall be in the form of a check or money order payable to the City of Savannah.
Meters will only be issued on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. To receive water meters, please telephone the office to schedule a date and time for meter pickup. All meters will be picked up from the Meter Shop @ 704 Stiles Avenue.
Similarly, all Engineering Consultants and Developers who wish to discuss ongoing or future projects are asked to contact us to set up a conference call.
We kindly ask vendors to hold off on in person sales calls until conditions improve.
About the Department
The Water and Sewer Planning and Engineering (WSPE) Department has been delegated as an enforcement agency by and for the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) to review and approve all water and sewer construction plans and specifications to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local rules, regulations and ordinances.
The department’s responsibilities include:
- Managing the Public Works and Water Resources Department’s water and sewer capital improvement projects
- Conducting utility plan reviews
- Planning and developing in-house water and wastewater projects
- Collecting tap-in and additional connection fees
- Maintaining an inventory of water and wastewater systems
- Maintaining and managing the department’s Geographical Information System (GIS), Valve Program, and water and wastewater as-built plans
- Providing technical support to all other departments within the Public Works and Water and Sewer Department