Building & Site Development Permits

A change of business use (such as house to office, office to restaurant, etc.) always requires compliance with current building, fire, life safety, and zoning codes, which in turn usually requires changes to the building and site. These changes will require a building permit and/or a site development permit.

A building permit is also required to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, remove or demolish any building, structure or part thereof.

Please note that a business tax certificate will not be issued until construction is complete, the work has been inspected by the City, and a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is obtained. 

How to Apply for Commercial Building Permits

How to Apply for Site Development Permits