Health & Wellness
What is Wellness?
Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life.
“A conscious, self-directed and evolving process of achieving full potential.”
-The National Wellness Institute
City of Savannah Health & Wellness Mission Statement
To provide City of Savannah employees and their families with the motivation, education and opportunities to attain a healthier, happier and more productive lifestyle. The City of Savannah aims to improve the quality of life of our employees and families by building a culture of health through education, motivation and engagement of all employees and their families to participate in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
How Does Participating Benefit Me?
- Improve your health and well-being
- You will share in the experience with coworkers and family members
- You will learn about your health and healthy behavior
What Are Some Activities, Programs and Events?
Diabetes Program – GoStrong!
- A multilevel program with St. Joseph/Candler designed to teach participants how to manage their diabetes and live the healthiest life possible. The program is specifically designed for those who have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Diabetes Prevention Program - Prevent T2
- The City of Savannah offers a diabetes prevention program to help those with pre-diabetes prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes. Participants learn how to eat healthy, add physical activity to their routine, manage stress, stay motivated, and solve problems that can get in the way of healthy changes.
- This program is designed to encourage physical activity and is available to any full-time, active City employee. Employees will be reimbursed up to $15.00 per consecutive months for participation, given they follow program participation requirements.
Lifestyle Prevention Programs
Onsite Spring into Health Fairs with Onsite Screenings
- This program encourages employees to complete 4 wellness activities during the current plan year in order to earn significant savings (estimated $1,000) on their medical premiums for the next plan year.
Tailored Classes and Educational Programs
- The City offers tobacco cessation programs at no charge to the employee.
Weight Management - Weight to GO!
- A multilevel program with St. Joseph/Candler designed to encourage weight loss. This program is focused on increasing physical activity and proper dieting to lead towards a healthier lifestyle.
- City employees can work one on one with a certified health and wellness coach to help set goals to improve many areas of their life. Wellness coaching is the process of equipping employees with the tools, knowledge and opportunities they need to fully develop themselves to be effective in their commitment to themselves, the company and their work. Coaching can improve an employee resiliency and effectiveness in sustaining lasting changes.
- Workplace wellness virtual series every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. These are 30 minute live zoom sessions to provide facts and tips to help employees stay Happy & Healthy! Session Link: https://savannahga.zoom.us/j/95967974833
Who Can Participate and How?
Onsite Health Screenings, SAV4Health premium, Diabetes Program and Weight Management are offered to all City of Savannah employees on the health plan at no cost. All other activities and programs are open to all city of savannah employees.
Programs offered to those on the health plan are also open to family members and dependents that are also on the City health plan. Please read the respective class or program description to determine eligibility.
All programs and activities are completely voluntary and are a benefit to the City of Savannah employees.
For more information about an upcoming session for any of our programs or events, please contact your Employee Health and Wellness Coordinator, Sarah Hanson at (912) 651-6545 or firstname.lastname@example.org