May 31, 2018
For Immediate Release
Officer’s Funeral to Impact Traffic Saturday on Savannah’s Southside
SAVANNAH, GA (May 31, 2018) — City of Savannah would like to remind the community that traffic will be impacted for several hours this Saturday afternoon, primarily on Savannah’s Southside and Southwest Chatham County, for the funeral of Savannah Police Officer Anthony Christie.
The first rolling road closures are expected along the motorcade route prior to the 2 p.m. funeral.
- The motorcade will transport Officer Christie from Fox and Weeks Hodgson Chapel funeral home on Hodgson Memorial Drive to the Compassionate Christian Church at 55 Al Henderson Blvd.
- The motorcade will utilize Abercorn Street/Highway 204 south, past Ogeechee Road to Little Neck Road and Al Henderson Blvd.
The next road closures will take place between 3:15 to 4:15 p.m., following the funeral.
- The motorcade route will proceed East from the church to Little Neck Rd.
- Right on Ogeechee Rd. to Highway 204.
- Continue down Highway 204/Abercorn Street
- Right onto Montgomery Crossroads.
The procession will end at Fox & Weeks on Hodgson Memorial Drive where the area between Mall Boulevard and Eisenhower Drive will remain closed until around 5:30 p.m.
Roadways will be reopened as intersections are cleared.
The Savannah Police Department asks anyone who wishes to show support to SPD and Officer Christie’s family to set up along the processional route before 3:15 p.m. to avoid traffic closures.