Applications for the second round of CARES Act funding for Savannah businesses will open Tuesday, Sept. 1, at 8 a.m. and remain open until Friday, Sept. 8, at 5 p.m.
Businesses can apply online at sbacsav.com/caressavannah.
To be eligible for a grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Located within the City of Savannah limits
- In existence and operational as of Jan. 1, 2020
- Have 10 or fewer employees
- Have incurred a loss of income or hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- Have not received a City of Savannah CARES grant in round one.
The maximum grant amount is $20,000. The availability of grant funds is limited. Funds will be set aside for distinct target populations:
- Minority businesses (at least 51 percent owned and controlled by an ethnic minority)
- Businesses within neighborhood revitalization areas (CDBG census tracts)
- Businesses with five or fewer employees
- All other businesses
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Current City of Savannah business license
- Last filed business tax return
- Monthly profit and loss statements from January to June 2020
Applications must be completed in full, including all required document uploads, by the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.