For Immediate Release
Date: September 19, 2013
Alderman Mary Ellen Sprague will join City staff and Ardsley Park/Chatham Crescent Neighborhood Association (APCCNA) members at 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, September 25 on Gaudry Place for a ceremony to celebrate the park’s recent makeover and the donation of four new public park benches by the APCCNA.
“This project highlights a long-term partnership between the Neighborhood Association and the City of Savannah,” said Jerry Flemming, Director of Cemeteries, Parks and Trees “Our partnership has been very effective and we want to encourage our residents to continue to look for ways to partner with us to improve their neighborhoods.”
The work includes:
- Relocation of plants to improve vistas
- Reconfiguration of irrigation system
- Removal of declining trees and overgrown shrubs to improve light infiltration and invigorate plant growth
- Installation of Hydrangeas in shaded areas
- Removal of existing benches and installation of four donated Victorian park benches
- Interior walkways reconfiguration
Gaudry Place is located between East 51st and East 52nd Streets in the Ardsley Park Neighborhood, between Bull and Abercorn Streets. The public is invited to attend.